Saturday, July 30, 2011

How do I get Life Insurance


How do I get Life insurance?, this question can be asked by many people. Most of the time it’s asked perhaps by a newlywed, some couple who just had their firstborn, or even someone who wants to start saving for their long term goals. Undoubtedly having life insurance is needed in case of the absence of the breadwinner so that the spouse as well as their kids can continue their lives and won’t have to worry financially.

Once you realize that you do have a need for life insurance the next step is to find a life insurance agent a.k.a financial advisor. The reason I mention that Life insurance agent can also be known as a financial advisor is because there are two types of life insurance: term and permanent.

Term insurance is the death benefit that is covered at a fixed rate for a set period of time (example 10, 20, 30 years) and during that duration if the breadwinner happen to die, then the beneficiary will be receiving a lump sum of money. I’ve mentioned multiple times in my blog that mainstream advisors such as Suze Orman and Dave Ramsey believe that this term insurance is the only vehicle needed.

Permanent insurance is used because the death benefit can covered for the rest of the insureds’ life but more importantly, it’s mainly used because people utilize permanent insurance as a way of building cash value for their long term goals such as kids college tuition, buying house, or even saving for retirement. Personally I am huge believer in permanent insurance, especially Universal Life policy because I understand what this policy will do for my future. Not only do I advise this product but I do own it myself because I don’t believe in advising something I don’t believe. I will have a video soon of introducing my own ING Universal Life policy and I will break it down how my illustration will cater towards my long term goals.

VIDEO COMING OUT SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment